SEp 064; Mushrooms in Soil Building with Tradd Cotter from Mushroom Mountain
Today we chat with Tradd Cotter from Mushroom Mountain about Mushrooms in Soil Building. In this episode we cover topics such as
- How Mushrooms Build Soil
- Best Edible Mushrooms for Garden
- The Importance of Mycorrhizae Fungi in seed starting
- Using mushrooms in your Orchards and Forest Gardening
- Should you use mushrooms that are NOT edible in your landscape?
- Gardening Practices to avoid
Tradd Cotter and his wife Olga have taken their immense love and knowledge of mushrooms and made it their life goal to share it with the world as well as provide very high quality mushroom spore collected and cultivated at their own mushroom research facilities. They are involved in all areas of fungi including fungal solutions for pest control, disease, plant health, restoring degraded land, and increasing fertility to the soil. Tradd has also written an excellent book called Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation that gives an in-depth look at practical cultivation how-to's, strategies for mycoremediation, and fungi identification.
Mushroom Mountain offers online classes, consulting, onsite mushroom tours and trails, and workshops. You can find them at a variety of speaking events as well as online at www.MushroomMountain.com. Additionally, you can purchase a wide variety of mushrooms and medicinal tinctures (mycomatrix) from their online store.
Additional Show Notes:
- Mother Earth News Podcast, episode #60 Chickens in Permaculture
- To purchase Mushrooms discussed in this episode go to MushroomMountain.com